Rival Terms Of Service
Rev 22 effective 01.02.2023
NOTICE: THIS IS A BINDING LEGAL CONTRACT.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND ALL OF THE RIVAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, PLEASE REQUEST RIVAL’S ASSISTANCE BY EMAILING email@example.com
PRIOR TO USING THE RIVAL PLATFORM OR SERVICES. YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF RIVAL’S SITE(S) AND RIVAL’S SERVICES, WHETHER YOU ARE ACTING AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY, CONSTITUTES YOUR EXPRESS AND ENTIRE ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS, AND YOU DECLARE THAT YOU HOLD ALL RIGHTS, AUTHORIZATION, AND POWERS NECESSARY TO ACCEPT THE TERMS.
We at Rival Games, LLC (“Rival,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) and our affiliated companies want you to understand fully and completely what you should expect and what is expected of you as a Rival community member. Rival membership is a privilege and one that we hope you will fully participate in and truly enjoy. Rival’s clients, business partners (“Partners”), and associated companies are committed to providing you with the best and most engaging online experience via the Rival platform and internet site(s) associated with rivalgames.com. Your Rival account will give you access to each of the Rival communities you chose to join and their individual community-specific intent site(s) location.
Unfortunately, there is legal and technical language in Rival’s Terms of Service that we deemed necessary to protect you, us, Rivals’ clients, Rivals’ Partners, and Rivals’ associated companies. That said, the intention is to make it as easily readable as possible while meeting all of the requirements. If there is anything you read in this document that is not perfectly clear to you, please let Rival know immediately, and we will work together to make sure it is fully understood as written or we may make modifications to make it more readily understandable. Rival welcomes your feedback on how to improve these terms and conditions for the Rival community as a whole.
Acceptance of and Changes to Terms of Service and Rival’s Services
Rival may choose, in its sole discretion, to update, modify these Terms of Service from time to time. As conditions warrant, we may notify and may even provide additional notice(s) in-app, or by email to Rival community members but Rival is under no requirement to do so. You agree and understand that it is solely and completely your responsibility to periodically review the Rival Terms of Service. By continuing to use Rival after the effectiveness of any modification to the Rival Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of any and all modifications. If ever any of the modifications to the Rival Terms of Service are not acceptable to you, your sole and exclusive remedy is to cease accessing and using the Rival sites and services and immediately send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org instructing Rival that your account and personal information to be erased or returned as appropriate and or required by applicable jurisdictional regulations and or laws.
Rival is continually making changes and or improvements to the Rival platform, including but not limited to additions, subtractions, as well as modifications to form, function, and functionality, without notification to you of the same. By utilizing the Rival platform, you agree that Rival may implement whatever changes Rival deems appropriate or necessary without ever notifying you of those actions.
While Rival sincerely hopes it is never necessary, Rival reserves the right to immediately interrupt, suspend, and or permanently close the account of any member who violates, or in Rival’s reasonable opinion is in violation of either Rival’s Terms of Service, Game Play Rules, or Policies. If and when Rival permanently closes a member’s account to due to a violation of Rival’s Policies, Rival reserves the right to determine when and how that account’s points, gems, or any other balance will be distributed.
Rival Community Participants
All Rival Participants (everyone that has registered with Rival) are expected and required to, and should expect others to, comport themselves with good behavior, honesty, mutual respect, and thoughtful consideration of others. While everyone participating should want to win each and every time they participate in an event, that is most likely not going to happen. Rival will not accept nor tolerate bad behavior from Participants, including but not limited to behavior that in Rival’s sole discretion constitutes, bullying, cheating, threatening, illicit actions, and or offensive behavior. If you experience or witness any such behavior, please bring it to Rival’s attention immediately. Rival will review all available information and make a final and irrefutable determination of the proper course of action regarding the same, up to revocation of the offending Rival Participant account. To be clear, someone not telling you good game or saying you that you were lucky to win, is not and should not be, a reportable or actional offense. Please only report truly offensive or abusive behavior. If you, as a reasonable person, believe it to be so, then please report it for Rival’s review.
Rival provides competitions, tournaments, and events to eligible Participants, some of which may be sponsored by Rival Partners, including but not limited to professional and amateur sports organizations, schools, colleges, governmental entities, national and international companies. To be eligible to register, participate, and or win a prize in a Rival event or tournament, an individual must:
- be a natural person physically located in a geographic location, country, territory, or province, that does not restrict by law the Rival events or services in which you select to participate.
- be the assigned, user, owner, or current custodian of the email address used to register for your Rival account.
- comply at all times with Rival’s Policies and Terms of Service
- be able to provide proof of eligibility upon Rival’s request, and Rival’s sole discretion be eligible to continue participation, receive a prize, or any other tangible or intangible item. Rival may require that any time a Participant submit eligibility proof in the form and manner or Rival’s choosing.
- provide Rival current, accurate, and complete information about you at registration and when and if prompted to do so in the future. Knowingly submitting inaccurate, incomplete, or false information is a violation of these Terms of Service. Please make your best efforts to keep your Rival account up to date.
- not access the Rival website(s) and services from any jurisdiction in which participation is restricted or illegal. While Rival reserves the right to ascertain, monitor, and block the location from which you access the Rival platform, you are solely responsible for understanding and complying with any and all local laws from where you access Rival’s websites.
- not allow any other person to access your account, accept any winnings or rewards, or participate in any Rival event using your account or account information. Your Rival account is not transferrable or assignable. Any and all actions, lack of action, or activities performed under your Rival account will be deemed to have been done by you.
- be solely responsible for any biographical information, photos, music, videos, images, messages, advertisements embedded or not related to or broadcast on the Rival platform. You agree that Rival has the right, but not the responsibility, to remove, delete, and or redact any material, content, or media that Rival at any time finds in its sole discretion deems to be improper, offensive, inappropriate, and or illegal from the Rival platform.
- use the Rival provided electronic messaging system to facilitate gameplay and gameplay-related discussions between Rival Participants in a courteous and respectful manner. You must not post any unlawful, defamatory, abusive, discriminatory messages that may negatively impact the experience of other Rival members.
- be responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, internet, hardware and equipment, software, console, and other related equipment needed for access to and use of the Rival platform and Rival Services, and you are responsible for all charges related thereto.
- Your failure to adhere to these requirements or any other portion of this Terms of Service may result in you being ineligible for any prizes or awards.
Rival Website Content & Promotions
Rival Platform Events & Competitions
You and all Rival members and account holders understand and acknowledge that the outcome of a game, match, tournament, and or event is directly related to the participating players’ skill level. Rival does not make any promises, warranties, or calculate probabilities of any type related to the outcome of a competition between two or more parties on the Rival Platform. You expressly submit to Rival’s authority and ability to make a final and irrefutable determination of a winner or winners for any game, match, tournament, event, and or competition related to the Rival platform. By participating in any Rival or Rival platform event, you agree to be bound by Rival’s decisions and final determination.
By participating in a Rival community tournament or as an individual or as a member of a team, you understand and agree that you individually or you as part of your team, will be registered as a Participant member of that specific Rival community. Only a Participant member of the community may participate in and win a tournament or event put on by that community. You may at any time request Rival remove you from any specific Rival community by emailing the information and instruction to email@example.com
Should you be a child, as defined by the age restrictions identified by regulatory authorities governing the jurisdiction within which you are domiciled under their in-place privacy laws or regulations at the time in which you participated in any Event, and you win a prize or award from your participation in such Event, your prize or award shall be delivered to your parent or legal guardian who authorized your participation in that Event.
Avatars and Usernames
To keep Rival Games spaces safe and friendly for everyone, any username and or avatar found to be in breach of Rival’s Terms of Service or any other Rival policy or conditions will be rejected and or removed. In addition, your Rival account may be suspended without notice. Rival reserves the right to refuse and or reject any gamertag, username, and or avatar in our sole discretion.
If an avatar is deemed to violate any of the categories below in Rival’s sole opinion, you will no longer be allowed to upload personalized avatars. Though you may be able to select preset ones from our Rival Avatar gallery. If you are not sure if your custom image may violate any of Rival’s policies, please be respectful of others and do not upload that image for your avatar
Condones or displays terrorism
Condones or displays fascism
Condones or Displays abuse of any kind
Displays or includes your last name
Displays an image of a child under the age of 18
Is in any way offensive, religious, political, sexual, provocative, and or prone to creating controversy or division.
If your avatar was rejected and or removed, and you believe that action was in error, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your Rival account# or username, the date you uploaded the avatar, and the avatar itself as an attachment to your email. Avatar approval/rejection may be done systematically and is not infallible, therefore you may request Rival to visually inspect an avatar that was rejected and or removed. The above list is not exhaustive and may be edited and or augmented at any time without notice.
Rival is in no way responsible for technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, disconnects from your gameplay on your platform, or any incorrect or inaccurate results that may be posted on your online game. Rival cannot and does not guarantee that your use of the Rival platform will not be interrupted. You agree not to hold Rival responsible or liable in any way for any interruption of any service or services.
You may not:
- Attempt to gain, or gain unauthorized access to the Rival’s systems or any account (other than your own), interfere with the communications, procedures, or performance of the Site or deliberately damage or undermine the Site,
- Affect the outcome of your online gameplay on your platform by means of or with the assistance of automatic, macro, bots, automated programs, screen analysis utilities, any type of mods, memory readers, telepathy, alien technology or similar methods or to otherwise commit fraud in relation to the Site, or
- Alter the human skill component of any game played on your platform. Any attempt to do so is a violation of both civil and criminal laws and will result not only in the termination of your user account and forfeiture of all premium and free benefits, bonuses, and incentives to which you would otherwise be entitled but potentially also civil and/or criminal prosecution.
Rival, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to terminate any Participant’s account who is suspected of tampering with their game results for the competition entered, or who otherwise violates these rules and to seek criminal and/or civil prosecution to the greatest extent possible.
Sponsors, Promotions, & Advertisements
Some of the Rival platform and Rival services are supported in whole or in part by Partners, sponsorships, and or advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions. You understand and consent to Rival’s placement of sponsorships and or advertising on the Rival platform. You further agree that the manner, mode, and extent of advertising by Rival on the Rival platform and services are subject to change without specific notice to you. Rival in its sole and complete discretion determines the form, function, nature, content, and the subject matter for any Rival platform promotion, sponsorship, and or advertising.
Rival and the Rival online logo(s) and trademarks are the exclusive property of Rival. All rights reserved. All other trademarks appearing on the Rival platform are the property of their respective owners. You agree that nothing in this Terms of Service gives you a right to use any of Rival’s trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features. You further agree that you shall not use any trademark, service mark, trade name, the logo of any other company or organization in a way that is likely or intended to cause confusion about the owner or authorized user of such marks, names, or logos.
Warranties and Limitation of Liability
YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT USE OF RIVAL’S PLATFORM AND RIVAL’S ASSOCIATED SERVICES IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTY OF ANY SORT, AND THAT YOU USE SAID PLATFORM AND SERVICES AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE CANNOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR THE CONTENT, RELIABILITY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES AND, WITHIN THE LIMITS AUTHORIZED BY LAW, WE EXCLUDE ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT OUR SERVICES ARE LIMITED TO AN OBLIGATION OF DILIGENCE.
Arbitration & Venue
Any controversy, claim or dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement, its breach or claimed breach shall be settled by arbitration administered by JAMS in accordance with its Commercial Rules including Emergency Interim Relief Procedure in Orlando, Florida U.S.A., except that, to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate Rival’s intellectual property or confidentiality rights, Rival may seek injunctive, monetary or other appropriate relief in any state or federal court in the State of Florida (and Rival may assert both intellectual property causes of action and other appropriate causes of action in any such action), and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts. The arbitrator’s award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under this Agreement shall be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to this Agreement, whether through class arbitration proceedings or otherwise. The arbitrator is authorized to grant Rival its reasonable expenses, fees, and costs (including attorney’s fees) incurred by Rival in any action to enforce these Terms of Service.
If any words, sentences, sections, or provisions contained in these Terms of Service are found to be ambiguous, invalid, or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the determination will not affect the validity of the remaining words, sentences, sections, or provisions shall continue to have full force and effect, remaining enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.