Technologies We Use
As with most online services, we use the following types of cookies and similar technologies:
- Cookies: Cookies are small data files stored on your browser or device. They may be served by the entity that operates the website you are visiting (these are called “first-party cookies”) or by other companies (which are called “third-party cookies”).
- Pixels: Pixels are small images on a web page or in an email. Pixels collect information about your browser or device and can set cookies.
- Local Storage: Local storage allows data about your browser or device to be stored locally on your browser or device and includes HTML5 local storage and browser cache.
- Software Development Kit (SDK): SDKs are blocks of code, typically provided by our partners that may be installed in our applications. SDKs may help us understand how you interact with our applications and collect certain information about the device and network you use to access our applications, such as the advertising identifier associated with your device or information about how you interact with our applications.
- Strictly Necessary: Examples include those that are used to carry out or facilitate the transmission of communications over a network and those that are strictly necessary to provide an online service (e.g. The Rival platform, our websites and or a service on our website).
- Functional: Examples include those used to help ensure our Services function properly, to remember your settings and preferences, such as your language preferences, to help identify and prevent security risks, or to help us understand and improve our Services.
- Performance: Examples include those that collect information about how you interact with our Services and personalize access, navigation, and information for you.
- Targeting: Examples include those that make advertising more relevant and meaningful to visitors to our Services. These may also include “social cookies,” which enable you to share content with your friends on social media platforms, such as Facebook or Twitter.
What Information We Collect Through Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Information about how you access the Services: When you use the Services, we automatically collect or receive some information about how you access the Services, including the device type, operating system, and browser you use, and how fast or stable your internet connection is. The information we receive depends on the device you are using and which Services you access.
- Information about your activity on the Services: Information about your interactions with audio and video content, such as the type of content viewed or listened to (including music applications such as iTunes, Spotify and Last.fm) the content viewed, and information about your interactions with email messages we send you, such as which links you click on, and whether the messages were opened or forwarded.
- Unique identifiers: IP addresses associated with the devices you use to access the Services, Advertising IDs, Cookie IDs, media access control (MAC) address and other unique identifiers.
Information Collection on Our Age Restricted and Child-Directed Websites
On our child-directed Services, we do not use or allow our partners to use, automatically collected information, such as IP addresses, cookie identifiers, and other device identifiers, other than for purposes of supporting our internal operations, such as to provide children with access to features and activities on those Services, to customize content and improve those Services, and to serve contextual advertising and limit the number of times you or your child see a particular advertisement. We never allow interest-based advertising on portions of our Services that are directed to children or where we know that the user is under 16 years of age.
- Although most browsers and devices accept cookies by default, their settings usually allow you to clear and to decline cookies. If you disable cookies, however, some of the Rival features and many of the Rival Services may not function properly.
- You may change your cookie consent choices at any time within your Rival Account section while logged into your account on the Rival platform.
- Browser Controls: For Web Browsers, your opt-out choice is often stored in a cookie. Blocking cookies may prevent the Services from operating as expected and may also prevent your preferences and choices from being stored. That may mean that if you opt-out, then block cookies, we may not know about, or be able to honor your opt-out. You should also be aware that blocking cookies on your computer will not affect your consent choices on a different device, such as a mobile device.
Below are links to the cookie opt-out pages of common web browsers. If your web browser is not listed here, you should review your web browser terms to learn more about your cookie choices.
Analytics Provider Opt-Outs: Blocking cookies in your web browser may not prevent cross-site tracking of your online activity using other online tracking technologies. In addition to managing your cookie settings for your browser, you can opt-out of tracking directly with the businesses that operate the tracking technologies.
To opt-out of certain analytic tracking by our partners, you may visit the links below:
- Analytics https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Omniture http://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html
Please note this list is not exhaustive.
If you have any questions about this Cookies Policy, you may contact us through our General Privacy Rights channel firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a “New Support Ticket” for action on support.rivalgame.com site. If you would prefer to submit your questions or comments by mail, please send a letter to the address below:
Attention: Rival Privacy Team
548 Market St #17795
San Francisco, CA 94105