APEX Legends – DRAFT 4 3 2021
Teams, Roster, & Eligibility
A team must have a minimum of three (3) players. A team may also include additional players that may be used as substitutes when allowed. Each event may have specific rules regarding substitutions and roster locks.
Players may only play for one single team during the course of an event or tournament. Player’s may change teams at any time prior to either the start of an event or the event’s roster lock date, whichever is the earliest.
The team member who joins the team into an event will be deemed the Team Captain. The Team Captain is responsible for managing the team’s official roster and ensuring their team is ready and available for gameplay as required.
If a player(s) is found to be ineligible prior to the roster lock date of an event, the team may replace them with a substitute player(s). If a player is found to be ineligible after the roster lock date, the team may only use a substitute player with Rival’s prior written approval. If a player on a team is found to be ineligible after the start time of the event, the team will be disqualified and forfeit all matches in the event.
Score variables to consider
Number of matches
- Kills: 1 point per kill
- 16-20th: 0 points
- 11-15th: 1 point
- 6-10th: 2 points
- 5th: 4 points
- 4th: 5 points
- 3rd: 7 points
- 2nd: 9 points
- 1st: 12 points
General Match Rules.
General match rules
- All settings in each match will be the default settings of a ranked match of Apex.
- Any map available in a public playlist in Apex may be played in an online tournament.
- Players that choose to stream their matches must use a minimum five-minute delay.
- Players may not quit out of a match before it has ended.
- Players may not intentionally delay the start of a match.
- Players may not use any game-changing scripts.
- Players may not exploit a game mechanic to enter and exit the 30-second “out-of-bounds” kill timer.
- Examples of this include repeatedly using a zip line, grapple, portal, balloon, or other character ability to repeatedly enter the same area that activates the “out-of-bounds” timer.
- Players may not intentionally exploit one-sided textures on map geometry to block or avoid any incoming damage.
- Players may not hide inside of the map's geometry.
- Players may not intentionally hide behind invisible walls on the map.
- Players may not fire their weapons while in the downed state.
- Players may not fire their weapons while reviving another player.
- Players may not exploit a Legend’s ability in order to gain an unintended competitive advantage.
- Players may not intentionally melee loot bins, supply drops, and/or respawn beacons in an effort to launch themselves or other players into the air.
- Players are responsible for their equipment throughout the tournament.