Welcome to Benefit Cosmetics Women's Fall Guys Tournament!
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW, RULE OR REGULATION.
By participating in Benefit Cosmetics Game Face Tournament Contest #23.3 (the “Promotion”), each Entrant (defined herein) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Benefit Cosmetics LLC (“Sponsor”), which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection and selection entries and the Promotion’s overall administration. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Promotion.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to (i) legal residents of the 50 United States (excluding Rhode Island), the District of Columbia, Canada, France, Germany, Mexico, Spain, and the United Kingdom; (ii) who are 16 years of age or older at of the start of the Promotion Period (defined below); (iii) who identify as a woman; (iv) who have a valid, public Rival account; (v) who own or have access to play Fall Guys; (vi) who have a valid and active console account (Xbox Live, Nintendo Switch, Microsoft Windows or PlayStation); (vii) who have an active, public Twitch account; and (viii) who have an acceptable, non-offensive (as determined by the Sponsor) gamertag (individually “Entrant”, collectively “Entrants”). Employees of Sponsor and Rival (“Participating Parties”) and their parent companies, affiliates and related companies, partners, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all others associated with development and execution of this promotion, as well as immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, children, siblings, step-sibling, step-child, in-laws and spouse of any of the foregoing, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each (people who have shared the same residence at least three months over a period of one year prior to the start of the Promotion Period), whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win. Eligible minors (as defined by his/her place of residence) must have permission from a parent/legal guardian to participate in the Promotion.
For French Residents: Participants under 18 years of age must prove that their parents/guardians gave their authorization to participate in the tournament. Please send parental permission to firstname.lastname@example.org via email.
2. TIMING: The Promotion begins April 15, 2023 at 2PM Pacific Time (“PT”) and game play ends on April 15, 2023 at 5PM PT (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer, or that of its designee, shall serve as the official timekeeper for the Promotion Period.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants must register and confirm participation in the Promotion at Rivalgames.com/benefitcosmetics. Entrants will be required to provide name, date of birth, e-mail address, telephone number, and physical address.
To be valid, all Entries must be received no later than April 14, 2023 at 8AM PT.
4. ENTRY CONDITIONS: In case of dispute over who submitted a winning Entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address provided at the time of Entry will be deemed to be the Entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, accounts or any other methods may void that Entrant’s Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified, and any potential prize may be forfeited. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entries generated through a third-party website or software in any way other than the manner set forth in these Official Rules are prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant(s) using such methods if discovered by Sponsor. Sponsor will not verify receipt of Entries. Entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entrants are responsible for determining the corresponding time zones in their respective jurisdictions.
5. GAMEPLAY: Entrants will play Fall Guys on April 15, 2023 at 2PM PT. The rules of the matches are determined by Benefit Cosmetics. Entrants must live stream their gameplay on Twitch and promote Benefit Twitch channel for the viewing of the full tournament.
6. SCORING: Rival will act as the official scorekeeper for determining the winner of each Fall Guys match. Each round players will receive points based on their position. They will receive bonus points if they receive a crown. At the end, the player with the highest score will win. The scoring will be determined as follows:
If you're knocked out in the 1st round: + 0 Points
If you're knocked out in the 2nd round: + 1 Point
If you're knocked out in the 3rd round: + 2 Points
If you're knocked out in the 4th round or above: + 3 Points
If you win the Crown: + 5 points
Score Reporting: Accomplished via self-reporting on the Benefit site. Rival will provide more information prior to game play.
7. PRIZE: The player with the highest score according to Rival (acting reasonably) will receive USD $300 worth of Benefit products (aggregate retail value is USD $300) (“Prize”). The player with the second highest score according to Rival will receive USD $100 worth of Benefit products. The player with the third highest score according to Rival will receive USD $100 worth of Benefit products. Prizes will be distributed to players by Benefit Cosmetics. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions. Products are to be chosen by Benefit at its sole discretion and not subject to any substitutions.
8. CLAIMING PRIZE: Please allow six to eight (6-8) weeks for Prize delivery from the time a winner provides delivery information to Sponsor. All federal, state and local taxes on prize, if any, and all costs and expenses related to the acceptance and use of the Prize not specified herein as being provided are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winners of a prize valued at USD $600 or more will receive a Federal Tax Form 1099. Winners in the US may be required to provide their Social Security number or tax ID for tax reporting purposes if Sponsor is required to file an IRS Form 1099 with the Internal Revenue Service for the fair market value of a Prize awarded and accepted. We recommend that you consult with your tax advisor if you have further questions. Sponsor may disqualify a winner and select an alternate winner if any Prize is returned undeliverable.
10. WINNER SELECTION: Winning Entrants will be selected by Sponsor within seven (7) days of the conclusion of the Promotion. Potential winning Entrants will be contacted via email to verify eligibility and confirm the Entrant as a winner. The Sponsor will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If a potential winning Entrant is determined by Sponsor to be ineligible, unqualified to participate in this Promotion, in violation of these Official Rules, or does not respond to Sponsor’s correspondence within 24 hours, the potential winning Entrant may be disqualified and a new potential winning Entrant may be selected from the pool of eligible Entries, if time permits. A potential winner may be required to sign and return, each in the form provided by Sponsor, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (“Affidavit”) (or equivalent, in Sponsor’s sole discretion), within seven (7) calendar days of receipt. Any Entrant who fails or refuses to sign and return the required documentation within the time period as specified by Sponsor may be disqualified. Once each potential winner's eligibility is verified, she will be confirmed as a winner. Prizes will be sent to the winners within six to eight (6-8) weeks from the date the winners are confirmed. Any prize won by a participant who is a minor in his/her state/territory of residence will be awarded to a parent or legal guardian of such minor who must comply with all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein. Potential Winners (or parent/legal guardian where applicable) may be required to furnish proof of identification.
All decisions of Sponsor on all matters relating to this Promotion, including, without limitation, decisions related to its selection and determination of potential winners of this Promotion shall be final and binding and not subject to challenge or appeal.
11. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited or restricted by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes Entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ the right to use and or publish of the Entrant’s full name, likeness, photographs or other likenesses, voice, video, opinions, testimonials, biographical information (in whole or in part), hometown, city and state of residence and any other information submitted to Sponsor by Entrant for promotional purposes, or on a winner’s list, if applicable, in any media, worldwide and in perpetuity, without further payment or compensation, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised.
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Each Entry submitted (i) must be in keeping with the Sponsor’s image (as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion), (ii) may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, contain nudity, unlawful or plagiarized, (iii) must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, (iv) may not violate or encourage others to violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation, (v) may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property right or any other third party right, (vi) may not contain commercial or corporate advertising, including display of corporate logos, brand names and slogans, other than those relating to Sponsor, (vii) may not include references to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms or any depiction or representation thereof and (viii) may not include any virus, worm, corrupt file, Trojan horse or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise a web site or the proper conduct of the Promotion. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or with the intent to impair the integrity of the Promotion will be void. With the exception of the Régie des alcools, des course et des jeux with respect to legal residents of Quebec, Sponsor has the sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should any fraud, technical failures, human error, viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to Entrant’s contact information. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the submission of false Entries, as determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified. Sponsor has no obligation to return any Entry, if applicable, submitted by a disqualified Entrant.
13. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASES
US AND CANADA ONLY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR, ITS PARENT, RELATED AND AFFILIATED COMPANIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASEES") HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION OR PROMOTION-RELATED ACTIVITY OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE. Without limiting the foregoing, the Releasees shall not be responsible for: (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information; (b) the theft, destruction, loss or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; (c) programming or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise; or (d) technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein or in other materials related to the Promotion.
UK AND FRANCE ONLY: Insofar as is permitted by law, the Sponsor, its agents or distributors (the “Releasees”) will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of participation in this promotion or promotion-related activity or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Releasees or that of their employees. In addition, the Releasees shall not be responsible for: (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information; (b) the theft, destruction, loss or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; (c) programming or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise; or (d) technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein or in other materials related to the Promotion. Your statutory rights are not affected.
15. WINNER LIST (US AND UK ONLY): To obtain a winner list by mail, US AND UK residents should send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “Benefit x Rival Contest # 23.3”, Benefit Cosmetics, Attn: Global MarCom, 595 Market Street 28th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105 or Benefit Cosmetics, Marconi Building, New Street, Chelmsford, Essex, CM11PH. Requests for the winner list must be received within sixty (60) days of the end of the Promotion. UK or French only: If you object to your data being made available as described in this section, please contact the Sponsor at email@example.com. In such circumstances, the Sponsor must still provide the information and winning entry where required to do so by law.
FRANCE ONLY: To obtain the winner’s identity by email, French residents should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for the Winner’s identity must be received within sixty (60) days of the end of the Promotion.
16. GOVERNING LAW: These Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the state of California. If you are an Entrant in the UK or France, any applicable protections available to you under UK or French consumer laws shall not be affected.
17. RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC ONLY
Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
18. SPONSOR: Benefit Cosmetics LLC, 595 Market Street 28th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA.