Overview - Welcome to Rival X!
The main Rival X website can be found HERE.
- Registering for an account and playing in a tournament on Rival X is simple. To create an account, simply follow these steps:
- Click the "Sign Up" button upon arriving on Rival X and enter your email and date of birth
- A temporary code will be sent to the email address you previously entered. Enter this code on the Rival X signup/login page and you're all set!
- Once you've created your account, you can customize your profile, link your gaming accounts, join some of your favorite communities/clubs, and browse all upcoming events on Rival X to win a multitude of prizes.
- You will play all matches during a tournament online using your console, PC, or mobile device like normal and enter your score results on your match page. For console play, you must have a valid and active online account in order to connect to your opponent. There are many different types and formats available on Rival for tournaments, leagues, and 1v1 play. The exact tournament instructions are slightly different for each specific type of event, such as elimination style, free for all, double elimination, team events, etc. Depending on the type and format of your tournament, Rival will create a bracket or player list at Tournament start time for all eligible players.
Step-by-Step Instructions on How to play in a tournament on Rival X:
- Once you've signed up for a tournament, you also have to check into your tournament by clicking the check in button on this page (check in opens 1 hour before the tournament starts). IF YOU DO NOT CHECK IN DURING THE CHECK IN PERIOD, YOU WILL NOT BE PLACED IN THE BRACKET.
- When the tournament starts, you must go to your personal match page with your opponent within 15 minutes of the match start time. You can do this 3 ways: 1) click “go to match” at the top of the tournament page, 2) click the colored banner at the bottom of your Rival X screen, or 3) click the bell notification icon in the Rival X menu bar and select your matchup.
- Once you’re on your match page, you’ll see your opponents gamertag and EA ID. You can then send them an invite from your console/PC/etc. and start playing your games/series. You can also message your opponent via DM using the “message opponent” button on your match page. NOTE: For console play, you must have a valid and active online account in order to connect to your opponent.
- When you’re done with your game/series, please enter your final game/series score on your match page. If your score doesn’t match your opponent’s score, you may either 1) accept your opponents score, or 2) click “dispute score”. If your score has been disputed, you may click “message moderator” and a moderator will join you in a DM chat to help settle the dispute.
- Once your first match is over, if you won you will automatically move on. Simply repeat the process of going to your match page with your next opponent until the tournament completes or you get knocked out.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I receive prizing for a tournament I won?
- Most of the time, the tournament organizers (the club, community, etc.) will reach out to you via email. In certain instances, Rival may reach out to you directly via email.
- How do I get help during a tournament?
- To receive help during any tournament, you may contact a moderator by clicking the "Need Help?" button and we will get back to you as soon as possible. For prizing or account related questions, please contact us at email@example.com .
- How do I customize my Rival X profile
- To customize your profile, click your profile icon in the menu bar while logged in. From there, you can click "edit profile" and customize as much or as little as you'd like!
FOR THE EA SPORTS NHL 24 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP:
- Please join the official NHL Discord server for this event in order to receive updates and other important tournament information.
- Players wanting to participate in the NHL Club Tournaments may only participate in a TOTAL of four (4) Club Tournaments.
- Before each tournament begins, make sure that NHL 24 is updated on your console.
- Players must be 16 years of age or older in order to participate.
- All participants must have a HUT team created.